Top Ten Reasons Why Plainsboro is the Best Place to Live
- Ranked within CNN Money’s Top 100 Best Places to Live and Start a Business in 2010 and 2011.
- The West Windsor-Plainsboro School District. Both high schools consistently appear within the top 20 high schools in New Jersey, and the top 230 high schools in the nation, as ranked by US News & World Report.
- Now home to the award-winning University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro, minutes away from The Villages.
- Located midway between New York City and Philadelphia, and less than 10 miles from Princeton.
- Easy access to the Northeast Corridor Rail Line, with transportation via NJ Transit or Amtrak to New York City and Philadelphia.
- Central to shopping and major highways, including US Rte 1, Rte 130, and the NJ Turnpike.
- A thriving multicultural community.
- Plainsboro Public Library.
- A wealth of higher educational facilities keep Plainsboro well informed. Princeton (rated #1 National University by US News & World Report, Rutgers University of New Jersey, Rider University and The College of New Jersey, and Mercer and Middlesex County Community Colleges, are conveniently situated in Central New Jersey.
- More than half of township lands have been permanently preserved as open space and farmland, to keep Plainsboro green for generations to come.
Plainsboro lies just inside Middelsex County, on the border with Mercer County. It is surrounded by the towns of Princeton, Princeton Junction, West Windsor, Cranbury and South Brunswick, among others.